Almost there

Completing the final 36th section of the book was thorny, and I have the sensation of putting most of the right words in there, but not necessarily in the right order. However I am going to have an absolute bloody final review of its contents over the next few days. Apart from this work, a circuit of the park, particularly liking the magnolia trees in the walled garden, and not having to wear a jacket.

In the evening, after I fed Lorraine and myself with a vegetarian meal of my own devising and I made off to a poetry meeting in the Caxton, and Lorraine made off to choir. Another interesting night with poets. Took a recent poem, We are people of the rain which I'm not sure about and was pleased to find it was quite liked. Good chats afterwards with Andie and Sue in the bar. People sporting green and black and white Guinness hats that were being given out to those who bought a pint of the black stuff. I humbuggishly stuck to bitter. Sue a lively performance poet, and Andie a thoughtful musician and writer who studied early Biblical texts as part of her MA.

Home to discover that controversy had been raging in the northern tip of Guernsey. Can listening to an audiobook be described as reading? Jane thinks not.

Below some scenic magnolia action in the walled garden...




Comments