Anomalocaris again

Up and early at my desk, working on cattle fertility before 8. Anton phoned to shower me with beef-based puns. Working quietly and methodically on concepts, which is my favourite thing. At one point looking at La Vache qui rit for inspiration. My client was happy with what I delivered.

All done by midday. Back on my stuff in the afternoon. Also caught up with a TV documentary by Richard Fortey, whose book Trilobite! An eyewitness to history I enjoyed a few years ago. This programme was about the Cambrian fossils in Canada's Burgess Shale high up in the mountains, which I have been reading about for a while now. I has miraculously preserved fossils of soft tissue so that you can see trilobite legs for example. Apparently this may have been due to everything being buried in some kind of landslide into the sea. It featured one of my personal favourites, the predatory Anomalocaris.

Lorraine out being a school governor tonight. I played about with the monologue I am writing about drinking imaginary drinks. This done, and Lorraine safely home, we watched a TV show about murders in Shetland. In reality, of course, there are very few, but nothing relaxes Lorraine like a spot of slaughtering.

Below a nice image of Anomalocaris. A creature that was found in fragments, and its grippy foreleg things were mistaken for an unusual shrimp, which is what Anomalocaris means.


  


Comments