Being a modern creative artistic type

Back on the book today. Lorraine working beside me much of the day, which was fun. Less fun is a return of the dreaded orc foot, and I find myself hobbling around goutishly. Lorraine however cooked a cake to take to one of her work meetings, and we scarfed the offcuts. Not much of a project Lorraine thing to do, but nice and tasty. Poor Lorraine off to do Governor business this evening.

Having discovered some heart sinking anomalies in the first section of my project, fixing them isn't proving too hard and I am nearing the stage where I can  just do a quick hoover of tiresome extra adverbs, and outbreaks of typos and gobbledegook. Luckily the work mooted for the end of this week appears to have melted away, which I am rather pleased about.

I took delivery today of two items. A green leather wallet, which I purchased for superstitious reasons, to replace a much treasured green leather wallet that died a few years ago, and The Big Book of Hell A Cartoon Book by Matt Groening who created the Simpsons and Futurama. It is a collection of his "ongoing self-help cartoons" and are funny and dark. They have been around for decades, and I have only just found them.

Below a piece of Matt Groening's work. The observations in this are spot on - especially for the poet part. As ever, click it to make it bigger.





Comments