Nice as pie

Feeling happy again. Rather worn out, but definitely happy.

And yippee! Suddenly the end is in sight for the first draft of the Doppelganger piece. Obviously Matt's not seen it yet, but I am quite pleased with myself. Now seeking a killer title for it.

Did some French work in the afternoon, writing copy about Christmas holidays in the Languedoc-Roussillon region. Have nicely been promised a bottle of Blanquette de Limoux by Alex for putting her in touch with Betsy.

Evening at Lorraine's house where I was fed an extraordinarily good fisherman's pie. The fisherman clearly not happy about this. Lorraine and I slouched happily on the sofa to watch a DVD of Julie and Julia, which to my surprise I heartily disliked. One of those movies where the fate of every character is a matter of supreme indifference. The evening enlivened by Mark having been offered a job at Riddle and Finns fish restaurant, and both were fed with oysters and nice boozes as a consequence, arriving home with their top hats askew.

Comments