Misty and mysterious

Up to London today to meet Sophie in Highgate. We sloped off to the park just behind her house and ate a light lunch of tooth squeaking haloumi cheese and couscous and drank several coffees and cranberry juices. We were having a business brainstorm, as well as the usual gossip that results from knowing someone for 30 years. Despite that, I had not realised that Sophie's PR business has such amazing clients.

Then back to Sophie's place where she caught up on some work and I talked with Andros and Christof and Electra for an hour or so. Andros had just seen My afternoons with Marguerite, and liked it too. Andros is an authority on film as he worked with Stanley Kubrick. Christof also on good form and looking oddly stylish. Electra recovering from hockey this afternoon, and readying herself for Sophie and Andros going to her parent's evening. She told me she is studying Mandarin at school.

Then jumped on a slightly more random bus than I'd intended. It seemed to crawl for an eternity through the wrong parts of North London. Felt vaguely anxious and trapped on board and was releived to escape. Also having problems with my trousers which were phoning Betty by mistake on my Crackberry.

Finally at Edgware, where Mum was fortunately waiting with a carafe of wine, as my imminent arrival seems to trigger a drinking reflex in her. Odd wine, which Mason said wasn't too bad once it was 'aired out'. We had a nice meal and I shot the breeze with them till bedtime. Delighted that Mum is still pain free and feeling chipper. A cold night, and was grateful for the hot water bottle Mum insisted I take to bed.

Below Sophie in a misty park on our way back from our long afternoon's chat, looking slightly like someone from a Nick Roeg film.

Comments