Porlocked

Woke up at 3:00am to the sound of a small tractor. Downstairs I found a leaves had choked the pump and filter system of my aquarium, having taken the filter apart and repaired matters I found myself staring bleakly at the ceiling for a couple of hours.

A dusting of snow on the rooftops first thing, and then it snowed off and on all day without settling, unlike most of the country. The jetstream running west to east over the Atlantic has kinked northwards, and so is dragging Arctic air down to temperate climes bringing the earliest snow I can remember.

I got down to reworking the Doppelganger libretto building on what I'd started after conversations with Matt, which took most of the day. We're trying out the idea of adding more voices into it. Porlocked twice by two sales people from a mobile phone company. The first time having torn myself away from my desk I found they had walked off, the second time one said once I'd opened my door. "Are you okay?" which managed to infuriate me, perhaps as I was interrupted minutes before by an Indian call centre and a man claiming to be called Sean. When they lie right off the bat, it brings out my tetchy side.

In the evening off to the Basketmakers for chats with Cath. She is going to go onto a dating website and was asking me for a male perspective. I gave the matter some sagacious thought and advised a picture with a low cut top. Then I wandered off to Lorraine's house where she was snuggled under blankets on the sofa sniffing slightly. Drank tea and drifted off to bed after Beth had returned from a babysitting mission.

Comments