Come the glorious day

Checking my bank account this morning to find tax rebate had appeared. I blessed my accountant Seana's little tigerprinted socks. The French however, have only managed to pay a third of what they owe me, the rest will come 'later this week'. I have sent about 20 emails about this already, had various conversations etc. Their lateness is due to inefficiency, not malevolence however.

Hamstering at the gym earlier than usual today, listening to Stalin ate my homework. Louisa, one of the Twittenites, shaking her head from inside a taxi as I crept home, saying I looked exhausted. Home to work on the doppelganger piece: and was rewarded with a major breakthrough, and a fresh direction now seems achievable. In my interview for Guernsey's Island Ink I said something about turning up at your desk regularly and inspiration will come. I felt vindicated. On that note I heard back from the editor Gabi, who was delighted with my piece.

In the evening off to Lorraine to morally support her with another lengthy application statement - this for a job in the organisation she now works for. This is being restructured (i.e. people will lose their jobs) thanks to the new government cuts. Luckily Lorraine's previous job was unique in the organisation, which puts her in a stronger position than many.

Meanwhile reading a little, prompted by Anton, about Vodaphone who has allegedly dodged taxes of £6 billion. Meanwhile Dickensian media attention on the undeserving poor: the dole scroungers, and people who need to claim sickness benefit who are being blamed for the excesses of a failed capitalist model. Compare this to the financial cost of funding the illegal war in Iraq and a war in Afghanistan which even the dogs in the street could tell you was unwinnable. Even the right wing Daily Mail puts this cost at a very conservative £20 billion, and that's before you factor in the needless deaths, and the long term care these soldiers must have. These cuts will make a class warrior of me yet.

Comments