Double talk

Working on the Libretto this morning, slow but steady progress I think. I am finding it helpful to 'sing' the words as I write them. Brooding about doubles. Matt brooding about doubles too, and we were full of double talk this evening in the Evening Star. I blame Toby, who turned me onto doubles in the first place as he studied them for his MA.

Fingers Capra and Richard Gibson were there too, and Fingers about to make a new record with a cellist of 18th century Russian music, while Richard's project of setting every Shakespeare sonnet to music is coming to fruition, and he is beginning to try them out in pubs.

Not a gym day today, but my knee ballooned and hurt after a stroll around town. Weirdly the thing that seems to keep it under control is excercise.

In the afternoon writing an interview for Guernsey's Island Ink magazine. Have been sent some questions and all I have to do is answer them. But trying not to sound like an egotistic buffoon is a stern challenge.

Comments