Happy and lucky

Threatening skies and lots of rain. Forecasts of snow for next week and another, by UK standards, hard winter to come. I got on with working on the doppelganger piece, which is making slow but steady progress. Only nipped out to the corner shop between showers for milk and sparkling water. Feeling the joy that comes from working from home on something I love, and on days like this knowing that I don't have to cringe on wet platforms waiting for late trains.

It is Beth's birthday on Saturday, so Lorraine, Sam, Mark, Betty and I sloped off to start her celebrations in Chilli Pickle. This is the lovely Indian restaurant we'd been to last month. Delicious food and everyone cheerful. Sam now sporting a pipe, which he puffed at as we left the restaurant. I had a pipe too at a similar age to Sam. It is a philosopher's rite of passage.

Betty and Mark have read Wrong my short play, and seem quite keen to do it and already have had some funny ideas about how it could be acted. We'll get our heads together next week.

Realised today that I feel very happy and lucky. Sometimes it is good to count your blessings, and discover just how many you have.

Below Sam, Beth looking glam by candle light and a crab claw.



Comments