Reframing

An excellent frame of mind today, in high contrast to yesterday morning. Realised I had been forcing the pace too much on the Doppelganger. Once I decided to put it aside, and decided to relax I found myself tweaking the play Wrong (my two hander plus a corpse piece) which I am going to show to Betty and Mark to see if they think it is worth staging.

Took myself to the gym again, despite having a slightly sore throat, which made me hard as nails, and banished my throat in hours. Listening to Stalin ate my homework as I trundled on the hulk legs machine. It is read by Alexei Sayle and he is a lovely writer. It describes a childhood in Liverpool in the 50s and 60s as the only son of a communist couple. Sayle's trades unionist father worked on the railways enabling them to get cheap travel by rail across Europe. They spent lots of time in the Eastern Bloc. A really good read.

Part of my reframing was also taking stock of my financial situation: I discovered today that my earnings after seven months of this year have already exceeded those of entire previous year. This in a tax year when I launched a book, staged This Concert, and have written lots of other bits. No wonder I 'm knackered. So this afternoon I allowed myself a moment of contentment. I also did a pie chart for my sources of income and got all scientific about it. No surprises, but worth doing.

In the evening off to Lorraine's house where we went for the usual curry. Betty and her pal Kayleigh came too. Nice meal. Lorraine under a lot of strain at the moment due to Government cut backs, so need to look after her. Everyone where she works has to reapply for their jobs, and there will be something of a culling. Shepherded her back home and put her on the gold sofa.

Comments