Knife and forkwork

After sending to the text of Wrong to Betty: a spot of shopping. Met Lorraine and proceeded to buy some new knives, forks and spoons. I'd bought some bargain ones a while ago, and these proved bendy and infuriating. Now I have new ones with lime green enamelling, perfect for a sturdy knife and fork man such as myself. Also went into another shop to buy a small gift for Betty, whose birthday it is next week. I found myself being eyed suspiciously by a weedy security guy as I left. Then to my surprise I set off the alarms. Naturally I wasn't actually stealing anything, but being ordered to open my bag brought down a momentary red mist.

A chilled afternoon, followed by a nice evening at Lorraine's house with Anna, Anton and the bairns. Lorraine cooked one of her splendid curries: made of blended red peppers, chili, onion garlic and ginger, plus chicken and half a dozen spices, spiced cauliflower, and an aubergine yoghurt. I was kitchen porter. Much shooting of the breeze with A and A. Anton briefly trying to teach Klaudia how to play Peaches by The Stranglers on L's keyboard. Oskar fascinated by Beth's fish tank and delighted to discover a dead neon.

Time to go: and I marvelled at the children's ability to sleep through being ejected from bed, carried about in the rain into a taxi. Once they had left, I began an exhaustive exposition of the life and works of John Keats to Lorraine, before sleep broke over us. To some it was more welcome than others I suspect.

Comments