Spidering about

Up in Edgware after a wine befuddled sleep, and scoffed hurried toast and tea with Mum and Mas, interrupted by a sizeable spider legging out of the sleeve of Mason's fleece. It bolted onto the breakfast table amid some uproar before Mum trapped it in a cup and set it free outside.

Arrived at my Chiswick dentist early. The receptionist, who has been there for more than the 20 years I've been going, treated me for most of this time with a deep and motiveless suspicion. But now I'm greeted as a long lost friend. I've had the same nice dentist too in all that time whose name is Lucinda. Between her filling my mouth with scrapey sucky things, we had a conversation about electric toothbrushes. Apparently the Philips Sonicare I have is highly recommended. I told her that I had at one time written the copy for Philips about the Sonicare. Did my words persuade my dentist to convince me to persist with the Sonicare toothbrush? It's enough to turn a chap all Bishop Berkeley.

Off home to Brighton to resupply one of my invoices to the French - and then was paid the rest of the money into the Kenny coffers, a process which took 78 days to achieve. Alex my new client has done a Stirling job in getting it all sorted. Bank account officially in reasonable shape now, so feel like taking up cigars and waddling around town like a bloated Plutocrat.

After spots of work I met Matt briefly to discuss our various wheezes. He was far more cheerful than I'd seen him of late, having moved out of a terrible flat into a nice one, and told me about a great idea he has for the presentation of Found. This is the choral song we wrote together which is having its world premiere on the 1st December in a concert in support of World Aids Day in Brighton. I am going along to hear the Rainbow Chorus final rehearsal a day or so before. Rather excited by this. Also we discussed the doppelganger piece and seem to be on the same page here too. All well.

Then home for phone call to Lorraine, who has managed to get all her applications in despite running a full day's conference.

Anton came around and played my combat flight simulator game for a while, before we sloped out to discuss things like valves in amplifiers, and pressing dilemmas such as would you kill Adolph Hitler if transported back in time to 1929? We drifted into the Evening Star and suddenly I had a great idea for a new writing project sparked by what Anton and I were discussing (not the Hitler thing, something else). Then Richard Gibson and Glen Fingers Capra turned up at the last knockings. Richard and a friend called Dipak had been playing some of his Shakespearean sonnets set to music, and I was sorry to have missed this.

Have arranged a gentleman's music night with Fingers, Richard, Matt and possibly Anton where we sit about frowning intently, and listening to chin stroking music. Should be an education.

Comments