Toby arrives

The fresh horror of a lung-rasping cough this morning, which I fully described to Lorraine. After breakfast, I went back home to straighten things up for Toby's arrival. And when he arrived, Toby looked well and relaxed.

Excellently my brother and I always seem to pick up the thread exactly where it was left, so soon we were slurping tea, lounging about and catching up on the news.

We arranged to meet Lorraine in The Basketmakers for lunch as it was raining steadily. We had some nice food, and a good time. Toby in need of a nap, as the previous night had been lively, and I did too due to my numberless ailments. So home again for a little quiet time.

In the evening we walked in a deluge to Lorraine's house, which Toby had never seen. Lorraine had cooked a splendid chicken fricassee, in a recipe which adds grapes and lettuce at the last minute to excellent effect. Yum. Plus the pineapple with sugar and mint sweet, which is spectacular and yet simple. Toby said he would try to learn how to do it, as Romy is going to give him cooking lessons.

Toby and I then scarpered back home under umbrellas. Toby, having dazzled us with the multiple functions of his iPhone (including drum machine and synthesiser) quickly downloaded some cat noises, with which to bewilder Calliope.

And so to bed.

Comments