Thwarted Cranes

I'm quite sure August was once a summer month. Steady rain all day.

More French work. So much for keeping the week free. Up early and started this before the Tobster got up. Also I finally completed the 'In praise of music' lyrics for the choir competition. Toby and I went off to the French patisserie, and had a bit of breakfast before I had to break off to do a bit more French work, moaning about how I cannot escape.

Toby showed us his fantastic photos of his and Romy's trip to Bolivia and Peru. Amazing traveller's tales and photographs of otherworldly landscapes of high altitude deserts, vast white salt plains with islands covered with huge thousand year old cacti, or of floating lake islands made of reeds, from where he bought me a mobile to hang from the ceiling.

When Lorraine came around bearing cheesecake, we three walked around the corner to the Sussex Yeoman for lunch, and then sauntered down to the beach in the rain taking a few photos. We repaired to the Mock Turtle, but found it mysteriously closed for refurbishment. I wanted to revive with Toby and my Frasier and Niles act, but we were thwarted.

Lorraine left to go to a girl's night out, and Toby and I found another cafe before heading off to The Basketmakers. There I introduced Dr Kenny to Dr Pollard. All very cheerful and nice, and the two of them getting on well over some beers. Then up to The Evening Star where Matt had arranged to meet Fingers Capra. All had a good chat in there, and Toby enjoying hanging out with the musicians. Both Glen and Matt have Canadian connections so Canada was much talked of.

Then scarpered off in the rain for fish and chips to take home to the gold sofa, where we were soon joined by Lorraine, to watch Arnie grunt through the preposterously enjoyable Conan the Barbarian.

Below Toby and I basking in the English rain. Lorraine and friend.


Comments