Mindy in the North Laine

Mindy and I off for breakfast at the Nia cafe, which is nia-by, and a walk around The North Laine area. This are catnip for women, and I've yet who find one who isn't drawn into shops to look at new age crystals, notebooks made of circuit boards, graphic novels, music shops, vulgar giftshops or be beguiled by clothes made from skull and rose print material, by vegetarian shoes and all the cafes offering organic flapjacks and a thousand other biteables. Mindy purchased tights, and cases to house your car CDs, and talked to herself sternly about lack of funds as she fingered dresses in rust and green and purple to go with her red hair.

I dabbed intermittently my face, expecting a shopping induced nosebleed at any moment. Eventually there were fond farewells as I dropped her off with Adrian, where she'd parked her car. I was joking that the police wanted me to ensure that Mindy left Brighton, and Adrian half believed me for a moment.

Home determined to get on with things. A noble sentiment, but I made little or no progress. Brain simply not functioning. Lorriane working at home again today, so I called around for a tea and a chat, and fell asleep not long after while she worked on a website copy, which I squinted at once she'd finished.

Lorraine several days now into her new diet, and after we walked to the greengrocers where she was buying more vegetables. Tomorrow is a banana and milk day, which she is looking forward to.

I left her to meet Matt in The Basketmakers and we had an enjoyable beer poring for a while over the sheet music for the In Praise of Music piece, which I took away with me to ensure the syllables tie to the notes.

Fell asleep on my sofa and woke way past midnight, before crawling into bed.

Comments