Beads and bearded ladies

I like looking at beads of water on plant leaves or on duck's backs. The idea of work is like that for me at the moment, liable to slide away the second I think about it. It is with mixed feelings then I have accepted a random commission from an outfit in Shepherd's Bush. The good thing is that I can do it from home and it will be complete before my holiday.

Went to the gym today. My arm was a bit sore, especially a tendon in the crook of my right arm. After exercise, listening to A Passage to India while I did so, it loosened it all up. In the evening however it seized up painfully again.

Just loving my rereading of A Passage to India. The masterstroke of pivoting the novel about a half understood moment of confusion is extraordinarily successful.

In the evening off to see Beth and Mark run through the show they are taking to Disneyland Paris. Chatted to Richard and Glenda, Mark's parents before an exhausting-looking twenty minutes of highly choreographed dancing and mimed singing (mimed as Disney provide the soundtrack). The sheer energy of this performance in a school hall was surprisingly exhilarating.

Below Mark exuberant as the ringmaster, Mark and Beth dancing, and bearded lady Beth in the chorus line. She is a natural comedienne.



Comments