Return

Up early and packed. Took ourselves to La Croix Guerin for breakfast, and then walked (slowly as my knee was abominable) to Icart. We sat there happily for some time looking down on the perfect view, and listening to the waves on the rocks below. On one of the benches were a couple reading books, and glancing up from time to time at all the view below them. Rather idyllic.

Eventually we tore ourselves away, Lorraine a little tearful, and had to yomp back to the apartment in time to get the bus for our plane.

Journey home comfortable and eventless. Very quickly through Gatwick and early home. I posted a couple of orders for A Guernsey Double off and fell into a night of indolence after Lorraine returned home. My knee had swollen badly after rushing this morning, and I was grateful just to sit on my gold sofa, happy at least that I wasn't wasting being in Guernsey any more. Just regular Brighton time.

Calliope pleased to see me, though she clearly had not excessively pined and I suspect she was rather spoiled. The house spotless after Wayne and Matt's stay. Early to bed, after a few phone calls.

Comments