Harvested by the spangly sickle

A night of deep sleep, the best sleep I have had for a long time. Up early and out to do some shopping, then quite a bit of admin, and then... Finished. Was officially on holiday!

Strode off to see Lorraine, who was in a doing things mood, and we drove to Maidenhead Aquatics near Burgess Hill for her to get a stand for her aquarium. While looking at a tank of cichlids I realised my head was hurting, and then the spangly sickle shape started flashing in the middle of my eye and the first migraine of the year kicked in.

Lorraine drove me back home and I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping fitfully on my sofa with the blinds pulled down. Bah. L came by in the evening, and cooked me some supper. Not in too much pain by then, and the visuals had abated quite quickly. Just left in the post migraine weak and feeble mode.

For me migraines always come when I allow myself to relax after a period of stress. In some ways quite pleased to get it over with (hopefully) before I go away.

Comments