Moulin Huet

Bused into St Peter Port this morning. A slightly unfocused visit to town, but Lorraine enjoyed seeing A Guernsey Double in a few shops. I bought some paper, and Lorraine bought the next Larsson book. As the weather was perfect, we caught a bus to La Bella Luce for a couple of glasses of beer and I had a crab and chorizo panini. Suddenly I felt that I was on holiday, and felt relaxed and cheerful. We walked down to Moulin Huet bay which was looking beautiful as usual. Once there I decided to go for a swim, and despite lacking moral fibre and cringing and screaming on entry, found it very pleasant after a while. It was sunny enough to dry off in the sun afterwards.

Later spent some time lurking along the shallows. I thought I saw a puffin at one point, which I'd never seen in Guernsey. I also found one corner where the sand was emitting streams of sulphurous-smelling bubbles. Eventually Lorraine and I left the beach and stopped briefly at The Captains to wet our whistles, and listen to local men talking about fishing and football, before loping home.

Below on the way down to Moulin Huet, the beach, small fry in the water, and a wasp in a beer glass.







Comments