Found

Matt sent through the midi file for Found today, the piece we wrote for The Rainbow Chorus, the choir Matt is MD of. Sounded like a sure fire hit to me, very singable and catchy, with a just enough complexity to give it depth and longevity. Looking forward to hearing the choir sing it.

Meanwhile today I have been working on the words for the In Praise of Music piece we are doing for a competition. This is the first time we've worked where the music is pre-existing and I have to supply words. Bit of a bizarre experience: I sat listening to the midi on repeat until my brain started splurging out words, which to my surprise were based loosely on the Creation, and were full of Biblical imagery. Talked to Matt this evening and explained that my drivel detector was on the blink, so he should treat the results with caution.

Otherwise a bitty day. Went to the gym, chased payments, went through the latest Amazon hoop to try to sort the page out for our book, added a sentence to one of the French adverts, uploaded the video below to my various sites, and posted a book to Renée in France, and a copy of Tim Gallagher's book Narcissus Goes A Courting to Maureen in NZ, and sat in a cafe mindmapping. I have a million things on the mindmap, but due to my general wrung-outness the all seem like mountains to climb. Spoke to Mum and Lorraine, and listened to A Passage to India audiobook. What a great book that is.

Took myself to the new cafe where I might stage Wrong with Beth and Mark. It was devoid of people, and the owner was disconsolately smoking a cigarette outside. He was very eager for the play to be put on there, when he wasn't bemoaning the slowness of the day with a nearby shopkeeper and leaking anxiety. But there are so many things wrong with the cafe, I don't know where to start. It's name is Just add the colour, and its logo the biggest word is THE. It looks like empty office space when you walk past it, so that you don't even realise a cafe. I'm beginning to think that it needs my play.

As well as going to the gym, I am now on a diet too, and ate oats for breakfast, had salad for lunch and couscous and grilled tuna for supper. All good.

Comments

muddleglum said…
> I'm beginning to think that it needs my play.

It sounds like it needs Something, but considering the name of your play, "Just add THE Wrong colour" could easily pass through people's mind as they hurriedly pass the joint. Keep a grim eye on the advertisements if you don't design them yourself.

You probably already know that when a male gets into the "Damsel in Distress" syndrome, he'll only remember the softness of her lips as she blithely drains his blood.
Peter Kenny said…
Yes I am hawkish about adverts... Remember putting on a poetry night with an old friend Tim (now sadly dead) who instructed me by phone to call the show 'After the cicada, Conan the Barbarian'. He'd once had a pamphlet called 'After the cicada', so this wasn't as strange as it sounded. I dressed the venue and he turned up shortly before everyone was due to go on.

'What the hell's Conan doing on our posters?' he asked.
'It's what you said,' I said.
'Colon! After the Cicada, colon, The Barbarian.'

The crowd was excellent, though.
muddleglum said…
Thank you. I had a good laugh—each of the four times I read it. I used to be a typesetter/copyreader so I've seen some interesting things.
Life is certainly lovelier than fiction.