Sunday sonnets

Sluggish start to Sunday, seem to be experiencing narcolepsy. Arm slightly better although I still cannot get it up to my mouth, and so having to eat left handed.

Went to meet Paul and his son VJ and a friend of Paul's called Shanny, I think. Lorraine and I went to the beach to see them, but they were in Weatherspoons feeding VJ with sausages. Paul as usual being an exemplary father in his black shirt with flames around the collar. Lorraine asked what his friend did and she said she was an illustrator and aromatherapist, 'but not the fluffy sort'. My heart sank momentarily when Paul said that as a dyslexic parent Governor he had problems with education, eyeing Lorraine, but all was well. Mainly as VJ is an unbelievably smart and sweet five year old.

This a quick chat, and they went back to the sea, Lorraine went shopping and I returned home. I was then called by a new acquaintance Richard Gibson, who I met in the pub around the corner. Richard and I have a few things in common, such as studying philosophy when we were at college. He has a project where he is setting Shakespeare's 154 sonnets to music. He has done over eighty, in all kinds of musical styles. This project has given him a great recall of the sonnets, if nothing else. A nice chat, sat outside the Evening Star pub next to a man with two fingernails on one of his fingers who was reading Wittgenstein.

Lorraine found me here some time later, from where we returned home and I fell asleep yet again. So it goes.

Comments