A sprinkle

Back to work today. Now that my holiday is over, I feel healthier than I have done for days.

Doing a poetry session or mini course at work seems to be back on the agenda again. If it comes off, it will be very interesting.

Quite busy today. And I noticed one of the sprinkles that Sarah had enclosed in my Valentine's package on my sweater at work at 6.00pm. I had been walking around with a little red heart on me all day. I am such a sweet man.

In the evening met up with Marja and Sarah Freems for our regular gossip. However we went to somewhere called the Ebury Arms in SW1. Nice enough place, the food very good indeed, although served in parsimonious "nouvelle cuisine" portions. Also I was sitting opposite the girls on a sofa which reduced me to hobbit size, having resisted placing the undeniably wee Freems on it. Both Marja and Freems are fairly quiet talkers and it was a noisy place, so much of the evening I was straining forward with my face hovering above, for example, a scoop of pâté the size of a premature quail's egg, or a sparrowy piece of guinea fowl.

Lovely to see them again, and catch up with the gossip. Fraser is doing okay these days, which is good news, and Sarah was pretty cheery and gave me instructions on what I should do about work. Marja, meanwhile, is going through a few life changes, and is planning to move house. Was amazed to hear that her eldest bairn, Matilda, is now eight. Tempus fugit etc. but funny how seven years after leaving IBM so many of my closest friends are from that time: Anton, Anna, Brian, Reuben, Kate, Sarah, Marja and Louise. Amazingly good fortune.

Left in proper time to get home at a decent hour. And had brief and cheerful communications with Sarah before gratefully hitting the hay.

Comments