Thursday is the new Friday...

...when you are taking Friday off as a holiday that is. Was late for work, but got into the character of someone who has been conducting something mysterious, but supremely important. And on sitting down I conducted my vital junk mail business quickly and with ruthless efficiency and brilliance.

In the evening I met Lakshmi, who is a pal of my friend Aimee. Lakshmi has moved from Dubai where she knew Aimee, after studying in Indiana in the US, and then back to Dubai, and now finds herself in London. She is a very nice person and we had a lot to chat about. She surprised me by saying that PG Wodehouse was her favourite author. Not the obvious choice for a woman in her twenties brought up in Dubai.

Almost as soon as I met her I could see how her and Aimee fit together, both being chatty, spirited, and good fun. We met in Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese which is one of my favourite haunts with Mad Dog. It was rather full, but, fine, then we went to the Punch across the road and ended up in a restaurant called The Ming Court, which was not minging. A nice evening and I came away thinking I had made a new friend and would get her meet some of my other pals.

Just as well that I wasn't working. When I got to Victoria at 11:30 the next scheduled direct train to Brighton was at 1:00pm. I had to travel to East Croydon, and wait there for 25 minutes before getting a connecting one. Home at about 1:25am. I was listening to The Hobbit, but kept nodding off. The late late crowd on the train all asleep or completely dazed. One such was the man who showed his mobile phone screen to the ticket collector, before digging a ticket from a coat pocket.

Home and messaged the lovely Sarah before sinking mercifully into my bed.

Comments