Matty, Mum and Moths

Early into work this morning to urgently write a brochure. Once this was done however, today was much improved, and I don't feel so trapped. And this was distinctly helped by deciding to take next Monday and Tuesday off to start, with Anton, our mysterious dragon quest walk.

Mum contacted me today with some important moth news. Apparently the moth we encountered last year on Sark was a Euproctis Similis commonly known as a yellow tail, or (in Sweden) a körsbärsrödgump. It also has irritating hair, but that's not something confined to moths.

She also sent me several photos of her paintings (in the "money making" style). There is a handy tool on Corel Paint Shop pro which I have in my laptop, that can correct the perspective of the photos. Sadly I can't put any of these pictures on my site as they have been embargoed.

In the evening I went to the new look Distillers to meet Matty boy. He was looking whippet-lean and healthy as a consequence of a month of detox, and frenzied exercising in the gym. Over some cheerful but retoxing beers and food we did much catching up with the general gossip. Things are very positive, and he is doing very well at work too. He's moving to Strand on the Green too, very close to where I lived for many years. A lovely area. Then we were joined by Robbie and another pal of Matt's and had a nice evening till the call of the seagull asserted itself. Heading back to Brighton, I dozed on the train, and zoomed straight into bed when I got home.

Below the Moth that encountered Mum.

Comments