The Gnome is steady

A pinch and a punch for the start of the month, but not much to report. Completely useless this morning. Managed to sleep through my alarm. When I woke up I was in plenty of time for the later train, but for some reason managed to miss this too. Heroically late to work. Once there, however, The Gnome and I were suddenly very busy - and spent time running about the building and doing scraps of this and that and trying to come up with a big idea for the new pitch. I stayed behind in the evening to compensate for being so tardy in the morning. The Gnome stayed there too, and he is quite cheerful at the moment and he can be very funny. His steadiness is a great help sometimes, and sometimes I take for granted how much I rely on him.

Read more about Sussex dragons on the train coming home. Sussex was once a good place for dragons. The one in St Leonard's forest sounds disgusting: "There is always in his tracke or path left a glutinous and slimie matter (as by a small similitude we may perceive a snaile's) which is very corrupt and offensive to the scent..."

While I was reading a lady opposite me opened her sparkling mineral water which burst refreshingly over me, and the dragon articles supplied by Anton. Was pleased to be home and eat improving foods. My skin seems to be slightly better too due to copious moisturising and avoiding swimming pools and coffee and alcohol and anything remotely enjoyable.

Discussed dragons, and promoting yourself as a brand with Sarah. Then I simply went to bed with my hot water bottle, which is an abiding comfort in winter months.

Comments