Piggy biz

Grrr-ing over a standard rejection slip I got today from Poetry London which took a snappy five and half months. Spoke to Sarah this morning, and after spending a lot of time laughing, I felt much cheerier.

Then I went for a walk down by the sea. It was an interesting day to take photographs, as the light was pearly and diffuse, and the sea calmer than I have seen it for some time.

Felt very happy just walking along taking photos. All kinds of people-watching to be had - like the jazz musicians up towards Hove (something slightly absurd about seeing a double bass, trombone, and guitar next to the sea) or the boules players, or skateboard kids.

After two hours or so I felt quite tired - a bit ominous considering we start the mystical dragon walk on Monday. Anton was saying today that the River Arun had actually changed its course and now meets the sea on the site of an old village.

Katie called me, she is back from South Africa and sounding cheerful, and has a sparkly new engagement ring. Major goss over a beer now on the cards.

In the evening went up to see Anna and Anton and to eat some Chinese grub what with it being the New Year. Turns out Anna is a boar like me. This year is the year of the fire boar too, so Anna and me should be kicking butt.

Saw young Oskar today, his face has changed in the last couple of weeks, and despite him teething and having a cold, he was very smiley, he is a good baby.

Ended the day as it began, talking to the delightful Sarah.

Comments