The greased poet

Went for a swim today feeling very tired but decided that I had to do something as I am getting badly out of shape. Greased myself in Vaseline before I went for a swim, and bought a swimming cap too. And waddled out looking like a complete idiot. Labouring along with no zip in the pool too, but was pleased to have done it. Skin survived okay too.

Left work on time to get to Brighton Poets. Boss raised eyebrow, which infuriated me. Made my way to the event which turned out to be as poor as last time's was good. Sparsely attended, and an execrable singer songwriter by way of half time entertainment. Read four poems which I nevertheless enjoyed doing. I did get talking to a few people however which was good but by the end of the evening was feeling decidedly rough.

Home and a quick chat to Sarah before bed.

Comments