Frog and Angel

Started writing a new poem on the train in the morning, despite the elbows of the Times reading buffoon next to me. Have this idea about focus groups, where you sit behind two way mirrors and watch people being interviewed.

The news full of bird flu and turkeys being slaughtered (they must think it's Christmas every day). The BBC and other establishment organs are radiating calm, so you know something well dodgy is going down. Thank goodness for a letter bomb in London today to take everyone's mind off it.

Met a woman called Rachel who I worked with at IBM many years ago, and is now one of the agency's clients. Had a short nostalgic chat with her before doing actual work. Still feeling somewhat frustrated. I did attend a meeting in which I had to give a short presentation. During the course of this I found a frog glove puppet, which I employed to stare and gape at The Gnome across the table as things progressed.

Otherwise, there was little of note to report. It was a Monday and I got through it. Delighted to be home, and doubly delighted to find the Moleskine notebook I thought I had lost. It had all my Japanese stuff tucked in the back pocket as well as a photo of me with David my grandfather.

Sarah saw Wings of Desire on my recommendation and enjoyed it. I love that film. Must watch my DVD of it again. There are so many scenes in the film that are so haunting. The library scene when the angels walk unseen and listen to the words passing through the minds of the readers always sticks in my mind. I like the idea of being watched over by an angel, even if it is in black and white.

Comments

Oberon said…
.....hang on a minute.....my wife just came home and i have to rub her butt.
Peter Kenny said…
Charming.