A few laughs

Bumped into the Reubster for a minichat walking from Victoria station. If you stood these minichats end to end they would form a full conversation.

The day spent working on the pitch about a cholesterol treatment. I won't be presenting this one, so I'm fairly chilled now that me and the Gnome have got an idea. Stole out for a solitary gasp or two of air by the river at lunchtime and bumped into Andy my art director. This made me feel a bit sad, as his life is going through a dreadful patch, and it is hard to know how to help.

After work went briefly in the bar with Max the Mentor, and Ian. Ian used to be my boss but now is global head of everything. He is a genuinely positive and inspiring person. I have always suspected, however, that he thinks I am a bit of an arse.

Skulked off with some of the creative department to see the Irish comedian Ed Byrne at the Riverside Studios - tickets paid for by Ian. It was cold in the theatre and we were a bit of a sluggish Tuesday audience. But I found Byrne funny and likeable. The sort of comedian you'll stay with out of goodwill if nothing else. Quite liked his rants on religion and various pop musicians, and he soon had everyone warmed up a bit. Just looked at his site. He said Zoo magazine ran a list of the 100 funniest people alive, and he was 99. Now that IS funny.

The call of the seagull heard immediately after. Train journey quite fun, drinking coffee, and enjoying my iPod having suddenly worked out how to exploit all its functions after several months. It's now is full of podcasts from the BBC, and has some of my favourite photos on it, even little clips of film from the national geographic. As well as music of course.

Home to melted cheese on toast, and then blamelessly to bed.

Comments