Valen'ine's day

A cheerful day. I already had a card and dragonfly pressies from Sarah so sprang from my bed happy in the knowledge that I had an admirer from afar. I sent Sarah a card and some chocs which, travelling under a benificent star, arrived today in Tampa. As a goddess of love, today is Sarah's day. And I ended mine having a long chat being sprinkled with divinity from as much as 4420.41 miles away.

Up early to send Mum some of her photos of her money-making pictures with corrected perspective. And then off to work where I learned that we'd won the pitch I worked on last week. I was then taken out for a lunchtime drink by way of celebration.

Listening now to The Hobbit on audio book. Quite fun but I feel the need to listen to something that isn't Tolkien, because it leads to narrowness which in itself can become a bad hobbit.

In the evening I went up to Anton and Anna's place to babysit the bairns. This gave them a chance to go to the movies like the happy loving couple they are. Fortunately the barins slept like babies and peeped not. So I watched The Brits music awards on TV. I must be getting old, the thing that impressed me most was the complete absence of the letter T. Chief protagonist being rubbish-haired mockney host Russel Brand.

Pronunciation of course constantly changes. Watch old English movies and the nice characters will say "Thenk you" for example. Interesting to watch the the glottal stop's move from its stronghold in the "Estuary English" of London and the south east, to becoming orthadox pronunciation. So we were treated to Bri'ish music concluding with a special performance for outstanding contribu'ion to music by the u'erly derivative Oasis.

Bu' wha'evah. Happy Valen'ines day.

Comments