Book breeding

Feeling lots better about things today. Went in to work, which was very normalising. Lots of people asking about what had gone on and so on. The Gnome and me busy, and pretty cheerful.

Happy to find everything in one piece when I got home. I guess it there will be a moment of uncertainty when I open my front door for a while. Decided that I will definitely replace the windows in my house. They need doing anyway, and once I put in security double glazed windows the house will become pretty Fort Knox like, which will be good.

Today's crisis is dampness. The back wall has become almost sopping wet. There must be something going on in the garden that backs onto it. I need to get a grip on this in the next few days.

Today Remo completed the shelves in my spare room, and a desk area underneath. Great use of space and I spent a happy hour putting books up and getting them in the right order and so on. Something incredibly satisfying about putting the right books next to each other.

The odd rustling noise I have heard lately I have now pinpointed to the sounds of books fornicating. Turns out they have been indiscriminately breeding, which speaks volumes about their morality. Having filled six new shelves with books, the old bookshelves still seem to be full. How can this happen?

Comments