A feast of nougat

A cheery day at work. Even a long meeting this afternoon with (among others) the FB and Max the Mentor, didn't leave me contemplating how the flow of time is relative and can slow down at will.

A good night with Mad Dog too. He is a very good listener, so I was able to satisfyingly moan at him about things until I felt better. Having friends who will tolerate moaning is essential. We had a restrained couple of beers followed by a nice Thai meal. He also nicely gave me a card and pieces of expensive nougat with hazel nuts, many of which did not survive the journey back to Brighton.

Re-reading Prospero's Cell by Lawrence Durrell on the train. Beautifully written in parts, and the opening sentence is wonderful: "Somewhere between Calabria and Corfu the blue really begins." Made me want to head off to Greece again.

Mad Dog (now on the cusp of becoming S.A.D. Dog due to the shorter days) were discussing the use the cricketing phrase "having a good innings" about people when they have lived a long time. Personally I'd prefer "bad light stopped play", so that I could return undefeated to the pavillion with my bat tucked under my arm to a nice cup of tea and a plate of jammy dodgers.

Comments