The belt tightens

Beginning to wonder if foot is actually not broken. It has been stabbingly painful and now, mysteriously isn't. All I know is that the replacement Peter Kenny body, bobbing about in its chemical tank in a warehouse somewhere, better be delivered soon.

Spoke to Ali B for the first time in years, she has just returned from Dubai, where she knew Aimee for a while. Going to catch up with her next week. Also spoke to Mad Dog who I am seeing tomorrow.

Lots still left to organise. The burglary kick-started a whole load of unforseen expenditure, and dozens of things to organise. Have set up double glazing people meetings for Thursday. What could be nicer than a day spent talking to salesmen? Also arranging to have my e-ticket for Japan resent, as it is now in the possession of the criminal underworld. An autumn of severe belt-tightening awaits.

When I arrived home I discovered that Remo has worked wonders: there's a new lock on my garden door, he has raised the walls of the garden, and there is a brand new security light. In the evening I sat at my new desk and picked slim volumes of poems down from the new shelves he'd built and read them in a smug Frazierish sort of way.

Comments

aimee said…
ooh ali b - do say hi to her from me... full circle eh? bizarre. Hope she's well, never really said goodbye from here.

So if you lose an eTicket, do you have to pay for another? Hope not, sounds like a shocker. Boo to belt tightening, it is somethign i am tremendouly bad at. I'm no supermodel physically or financially. If you get what i'm vaguely waffling about. Oh bugger, back to writing shite about software, somehow i can manage that but can't string a normal sentence together. argh. have a lovely day m'dear. ap