Eastward Ho!

Spoke to Toby, who reminded me to book my flight to Japan. The method of booking suggested by Tobe was to visualise the efficiency and organisation of Romy in my head, and before I knew it I had scored a ticket on-line. I will be joining Toby, Romy, and Hiroko (the Romster's mum) in Japan for Christmas. Romy has arranged for us to stay in Kyoto, Japan's historic capital, which will be a wonderful experience. Hoping that I will have fully regained my manly vigour by then to accommodate the immense amounts of rubbernecking that Kyoto will demand.

Otherwise I spent what little energy I had on doing practical things, like scrubbing the kitchen floor, and generally cleaning and re-establishing some sort of order at home. Also went to the nearby rug shop, to collect the rug I'd ordered for my bedroom a couple of months ago. It is the colour of a new leaf. I also turned my bed upside down, as it was feeling suspiciously wobbly and screws had dropped out of it, for a major re-screwing and tightening. I don't want another repetition of the bed-collapsing-in-the-dead-of-night-caper again.

Also spoke to Anton who is off to Spain with the family before dawn tomorrow.

Comments

aimee said…
when are ye offski?

you realize you will tower over the average japanese person? Though they have basketball players now, so my blanket generalization may be false (shock horror - i know). My cousin is a very skinny six foot four chap, and apparently he has a gaggle of about 7 people following in his wake on an average day - he teaches english in tokyo.

i hear cherry blossom is very pretty in japan.
Peter Kenny said…
Hi Aimeeeee.. I shall be touching down in Tokyo on Christmas Eve morning, where I expect to simply blend in with the other returning Sumos.