Thank God for Matty

Work went to great lengths today to find new and innovative ways to suck. Easily the worst day at work all year. Masses to do, horribly stressed and the day rounded off with the most inept presentation to a client it has ever been my misfortune to participate in. Utterly toe-curling.

Fabulously, however, I had arranged to meet Matty boy in the Blue Anchor. And this put the day back on a civilized footing. Really nice to catch up with him. After a brace of beers we sloped off to somewhere called the Wishing Well, which was certainly economical, but the wine was fine. And the conversation exemplary.

Then home. Sophie called me from a bus having been to a Buddhist thing, and we'll arrange to see each other again soon. The train delayed at Victoria, but I fell into a cheery conversation with a lady, and we talked all the way to Brighton. Home and I fell wearily into bed.

Comments