The false rubber tongue of destiny

Not a great deal to report for Friday, other than the glory of it being a Friday. However I seemed to be working flat out all day, which isn't really the idea of Fridays. Still a cheery atmosphere and a possible resolution to the ridiculously painful business of choosing music for the TV advert adaptation. But I heard some rushes and realised that the script which I'd had to adapt wasn't much good. It's so much easier just to do things from scratch, rather than second guess and tinker.

A leaving do tonight for Phil after he'd been at the agency for ten years. Stood in the works bar looking around me and realised that I was now one of the real old hands at the place, which is not necessarily a good thing in an agency. However it was good night and I was sorry to see Phil go. However we'll keep in touch. Big manly hugs after the call of the seagull was heard. Hadn't had an evening in the agency bar for many months, and it was quite fun.

I will treasure my memory of Phil tidying up his desk at 6:00pm with a deadpan expression despite the false and disgusting projecting teeth and long rubber tongue he was wearing. Then he threw the tongue against the window and for a few moments we watched it slide slowly down. It said it all really.

Comments