A practical birthday

Recently the agency came up with the idea of giving people their birthday as a day's holiday. Self-evidently a wonderful idea. So today I got busy in the Brighton sunshine doing practical things. For example: I had new tough glass installed and now my home is much safer. Suddenly I feel happy about leaving my home when I go off for a walk.

As the glass fitter went about his business, Remo called in and we had lengthy discussions about my plans for the garden, and other more wide-ranging subjects. An amazing foam used by Italian thieves in Rome, for example, which you simply spray into your victims locks and you are in.

The glass fitter was finished by 1:30. And in this day of practical things, I took the opportunity to visit the quack. Blood tests reveal excellent cholesterol levels, and no diabetes. I am gradually feeling less exhausted too, perhaps at some point I may approach health again. This would be very nice.

Bought things too. New blinds, and a new land line phone with an extension so that I don't have to hurtle dangerously down slidy stairs to reach the phone in time for it to stop.

Nice long chats with my neighbours, some cards and several texts. Talked with Toby and Mum, and Bob and Sarah, and was woken up by the ever-nocturnal Martin at 11:50pm to be wished happy birthday. Although I did nothing special, it was an excellent day.

Comments