Tampered ineffectually with some poems then went for a walk about town. This lifted my spirits somewhat as I'd been gloomy about feeling ill again over the last two days. Spotted through a junk shop window this Tufty Club badge (see below). As you can see, Tufty is boldly poised mid-stride and appears alert as befits a famous road safety squirrel. Toby was a Tufty Club member.

Just found a bizarre site about the Tufty Club here.

On another nostalgic note read that Airfix, who produced plastic kits of planes, boats, tanks etc. are to finally cease trading. Made dozens of their airplane kits when I was a kid, also had platoons of the little ant-like soldiers. These often sustained heavy losses when mum got the Hoover out. I read somewhere today that it was only with the preparation of making Airfix model Spitfires that a whole generation was later able to assemble IKEA furniture.

More than anything I loved the Airfix catalogues. Reading about all the planes, and other kits, and coveting them. Experiences which help me understand Anton to this day.

Spoke to Mad dog today. It is his birthday tomorrow, (as well as Anton's). Also spoke to Anna and briefly to Baby Klauds.

Cooked a Guernsey beanjar and am this evening full of beany goodness, and still involved in a Frazier couch potato festival. What will happen when I run out of DVDs? The horror.

Comments

Unknown said…
I had a Lancaster Bomber at one point and really coveted a B52