Lost at sea II

Walked down to the seafront at about 4:30. Lively as usual. Today there was a skateboarding demonstration on one of those immense U-shaped runs, complete with rappers and booming music played by a DJ. Most of the skaters seemed to be mostly falling off their boards but I suppose that's only to be expected.

After this I paused to buy a cup of tea and sit by the sea. The tide was very far out today, with the sand showing at the foot of all the pebbles. As I did so I noticed several police standing around by a pile of belongings on the stones. In an odd echo of yesterday's blog entry, I watched as the coastguard boat, and a big airsea rescue helicopter started a search the sea. Found myself watching this for least half an hour and as far as I could tell they found nobody. After a while the police removed the items on the beach and later the helicopter flew away for good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Peter

Interestingly enough I was at the same skateboard expo at 5.00PM. I found the deafening white boys rapping a bit off putting but I do enjoy watching grown men taking on gravity and losing.

I'm in Brighton again next week doing school runs for a friend's kids so we may yet meet instead of passing each other mysteriously on the seafront...

Incidentally the lack of contact details was down to a few too many glasses of a robust and insouciant chardonnay at the seven dials restaurant literally round the corner from you, hence the hand delivery (and incorrect address).

Anil aka azureglo@hotmail.com
Peter Kenny said…
Yes. White boy rapping was indeed a triumph of enthusiasm.