Hypnosis and sandcastles

Morning, and a urine sample to the doctors, then spoke to Anton whose advice on the Frazier crisis was simply to buy a cheap multi-region DVD player, which I did. Can't get the swine to play Frazier yet though.

At lunchtime I went back to the hypnotist. Very nice man. To tackle a phobia you need to bring the circumstances that scare you to mind vividly. And here's where an odd thing has happened. Since I had the first session with him, I have been unable to feel the fear when I try to bring to mind flying, or standing on the tops of hills - and this is not through lack of imagination. He said that sometimes that making one change can take your phobias out like dominoes. Instead he taught me a few relaxation techniques and did a guided meditation for me.

To test this I went afterwards to a place that usually makes me horrible and exposed, above the marina on the cliff road, and I was fine there. If this has worked it would be brilliant, and imagining myself as a person who does not feel gripped by existential terror on planes, for example, feels very good.

As I was walking by the sea I took some snaps of the sand sculptures exhibition, which was being dismantled. It looked surprisingly good I must say, as you can see from the photo below. Also, beyond the sandcastles, the sky and sea were the same pearly grey colour, presaging the violent and lovely thunder that would come this evening.

Home feeling very tired again, but in good spirits.









Comments