Out of the trench


On the train with Anton this morning. He is in what he called a trench, which is a sort of lifeless vacuum between crazes. He is unhappy and listless as all his recent crazes (such as wood fired pizza ovens or wet on wet watercolour technique or camping) are now ashes and dust to him. He callously rejected poetry as a potential craze, and the the only thing that instilled a gleam of cheer was talk of eating meat.

Happily I am not in a trench. I have Hammersmith Cemetery! This looked particularly fine this morning and I was compelled to take even more photos, two of which are below. I will stop banging on about the cemetery now in this blog.

Actually had work to do today, which involved me reading up about polio. If I get over my hypochondria, will this mean I won't have to do the disease stuff all the time I wonder?

Otherwise had a chat with Reuben first thing, and simply got on with work. Had a short stroll by the river at lunch. And some futile headscratching with the Gnome in the afternoon.

Home and Frazier... Then watched THIS which was sent to me by Sarah. A rather fascinating conspiracy theory about the London bombings from David Shayler, famed MI5 whistle blower.

Anyway... Here are two more pics of one of the statues in Hammersmith Cemetery. I just think they are exceptionally beautiful.


Comments