Two Wrongs might make a right

Woke up with a realisation that has been staring me in the face for several years. While off sick this week I have been listening to radio plays, and the first thing I thought this morning was that my play Wrong, which has seen a couple of low profile-performances, is ideal for radio given a few minor tweaks. The play lasts half an hour and there is a 30 minute slot on R4 three times a week. Converting it is a matter of hours, and I did a little of that this morning.

Anton dropped in for a cup of tea, and showed me on the map the route of a long walk he did last week starting at Devil's Dyke. I can't wait to be doing the same soon.

Sophie phoned too. She said she had thought of me in Greece when she attended an open air reading of Cavafis poems. I love modern Greek poetry, and miss Greece. I've got to take myself off again one day.

In the afternoon Sarah came down. She has firm opinions about how to get better, which involves targeting the root chakra with sound. To this end, we went down to the shore and expressed C notes out to sea as loudly as possible. I found this embarrassing (as well as making me feel a bit light headed). I was left to reflect there is something incredibly inhibited about being embarrassed about making noise just because there were a few people around. I also asked Sarah that if you stood on some glass while expressing noise, would it come out as a C#?

Comments