Sent to Coventry

Listening to a hypnotic meditation on my iPod this morning, drifting towards London in a dream.

I met up with The Gnome and an account handler called Matt at Euston, then we set off for Coventry to present our first job to our new client. Their offices are near Warwick University, where I'd studied, and fortunately our concepts went down well. We then had to busy ourselves smiling as we were shown around the office and have empty seats pointed out to us and be told things like "that's where Jill sits".

I didn't really know Matt, before today. Interesting guy. He has converted to Judaism and is very sincere about his beliefs. The process took three years and lots of study, and six months in Jerusalem.

Back to London and Hammersmith, feeling brain-dead, tired and a bit sorry for myself. However walking to the station after work with Ferg made me feel a bit ashamed, as he is going through chemotherapy and is dealing with it with a lot of dignity and strength.

Lovely twilight: watching a jet land against a backdrop of a mauve, orange and purple sky as the train passed Gatwick airport, as I listened to an enjoyable BBC podcast about the Persian King Darius.

Home, and Katie and Gavin later called me to plan a trip down to Brighton to look at engagement rings.

Comments