A 25 year return

A cheerful morning lurking about, putting some finishing touches to the new version of my play. Sarah texted me to say that she had just learnt she'd got a First, which is clearly big and clever.

Met Anil today, for the first time in about 25 years, and he looks much the same. It was very good to see him. Obviously, there being some 25 years of stuff to catch up on, this required some enthusiastic drinking, which I'd not done since Anton's birthday. Turns out that he is thinking of moving to Brighton next year too.

We met at the Seven Dials Restaurant which, despite it being only around the corner from me, I'd never been to. Some very good grub to be had there. We then migrated across the road to The Tin Drum.

It's funny seeing someone from such a long time ago. In some ways you have to tell the story of your life. And even when we thought we knew each other at school, there was other stuff going on that could not be talked about. I have had the same experience with Shaila too recently. It is a great relief to be an adult (well... of sorts).

Comments