Of work and pork belly

Train, tube then through Hammersmith Cemetery into work. Thinking there is a poem in that ole boneyard. Felt shattered by the time I arrived at work though, but the workload was fairly slack, which was a boon. My boss has agreed that I will leave work early this week to speed my recovery from virus from hell. Sat about feeling like a zombie during the day, but chatted intermittently with The Gnome who I'd not seen for ages.

Left work a little before 4pm and was back in Brighton at around 5:30pm which was fantastic. Lurked at home quietly for a while. Toby called me from Toronto on Skype and we had our first ever Skype conversation. which was clearer than a phone. Strange to hear the Tobster's voice coming out from my laptop. I particularly enjoyed the bit where when every time Tobs spoke the little toby.kenny icon gained a blue flare on the screen.

Then off up the hill, as Anton and Anna had invited me for supper. When I arrived Anna called me upstairs to read Baby Klauds a story about Elmer the multicoloured elephant. Cunningly the story ends with Elmer going to sleep, and this was a cue for Baby Klauds too. She is such a sweet little thing.

Then downstairs to engage with a nice belly of pork that Anton had cooked to his usual high standards, with roast potatoes cooked in goose fat. Anna and me impatient as Anton kept pulling out the roasting dish and going into a Virgo world of pain, as the crackling wasn't bubbling up just so. Needless to say, it was delicious.

As I left Anton lent me the next two series of Frasier. Frasier cold turkey is postponed, thank God.

Both MJ and Simon Gray had their birthday today.

Below... Elmer.

Comments