The camomile-sipper's notes

Missed the train this morning and was disgracefully late into work after another night of poor sleep. I finally fell under the spell of Hypnos (after camomile tea and another chapter of Jane Eyre) only to be woken again at 4am by two men in the Twitten loudly debating outside my house if they should phone a friend to go around for a couple more drinks. 4am! But then, of course, I am a camomile-sipping sort of bloke at the moment.

Work surprisingly okay with The Gnome. At lunchtime, while munching a crunchy salad from a bag, I managed to send another poetry manuscript off too. Also emailed Aimee in Dubai - her Notes from a sandy country blog entry for the 19th was really funny. She suggested we have yin and yang blogs, as mine has been more of a herbal tea affair of late while her one has been very lively indeed. I put it to her that if she needs a few quiet nights in, so that mine will liven up a bit.

Trace was telling me about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which I know nothing about. She said the way to combat a narcissist was to hold a mirror up to them, and tell them the truth about their actions and who they really are.

Comments

aimee said…
you are too kind! Still trying to work out if i'm yin or yang... which is chaos? If the theory holds water, be prepared to be zombie like for the next two nights though as I'm gearing up for the weekend- I promise to be at one with my sofa on saturday though so if you want to some virtual energy i'll send it all your way!
big hugs
x
Anonymous said…
Hi Peter

I am also on a tea phase after our attempt to put paid to our livers on sunday. Memories and alcohol, surely there's a song about it somewhere. The intention was an erudite evening of discourse and fine dining not an attempt to set the world calavdos drinking record, still we did better than your 4AM twitten twitters and I for one, had a good time. See you soon,

Anil