Plotting on Sunday

Reworking another half-finished play this morning, and feeling cheerful about making some good progress. It's a good sign, I think, when the material makes you laugh as you write it. The plot suddenly has become clearer and how to finish it seems obvious. I may not have much energy at the moment, but what I have is being well used, and I feel creative.

After a few hours I needed to get out of the house, so I took myself off for a walk about town and to the seafront for some fresh air. The water was both dark and sparkly when I first saw it, and the tide was high. As I was walking about I had a long chat with Sarah today who, having got her first, is now deciding whether to do a PhD.

Very relaxed afternoon and evening. Watched the first episode of the dramatisation of Jane Eyre on BBC. Nicely done, and beautiful. This version charges through Jane's childhood and schooling in early part of the book. Some liberties, which are only to be expected, but fairly faithful I think. Have to hurry up and finish the book now, which I think is amazing. Mr Rochester's mind games are really strange, dressing up as a fortune teller, pretending he is about to be married to Miss Ingram and so on. It seems very modern somehow.

Comments