Over the shoulder of a talking head

A hurricane in the Atlantic resulted in very hot weather being dragged over London but I spent the day cooped up with The Gnome. We've been told we have to present the work in Coventry at 9:30 Monday morning which will mean getting up at the crack of dawn to schlepp up to the West Midlands. This sort of thing is worrying me a bit as my health is still ropey, but I find it hasn't interfered too much with my ability to do my job so far.

Arrived home in darkness tonight. Only one unwatched Frazier episode meant that I ploughed through quite a bit of Jane Eyre. Odd girls those Brontes. And also saw something on the BBC about Nero, which was absorbing. He didn't fiddle while Rome was burning, apparently. A frustrated actor, he kicked his wife to death for mentioning a mistake he'd made on stage which, though understandable, was a bit harsh.

Email with lovely Sophie today, who is planning another trip to Brighton soon with Andros and the nippers. We are also planning to go to see a film. I've only been to the cinema once I think since I broke up from MJ.

Made to feel wistful by glimpses of Brighton on the TV screens in reception this week, as there has been a Liberal Democrat convention there. And the reporters use the sea and pier in the distance as a backdrop.

Comments