A Gnome amongst clouds

Interesting clouds obscuring the tops of the low hills of the North Downs. And there were ridges of pale grey cloud against a dark background over the Thames as the train crossed over the bridge to Victoria. Very pretty. Other than gazing poetically at water vapour, I was snorting with laughter at an offensive article about Banksy the artist in the Guardian, which you can read here.

Fleeting interactions with people other than The Gnome today. Anton called to discuss his new object of desire: a Leica digital camera. And Matty called me too as I was coming home. Saw the French Bloke who has a cold, chatted to Max the Mentor briefly, and Trace.

The week ended in a pressurised slog, with The Gnome suggesting we use a garden gnome in one of our concepts. Sadly we were too stressed for me to exploit this for comedy purposes. Very pleased to have managed a full week at work though. It has been very productive considering I have been operating on half steam.

Home, and cracking through Jane Eyre which I am liking for all kinds of reasons. I'm really enjoying her use of language, its Gothic elements, and the descriptions of nature.

Bliss. No alarm to wake me tomorrow. But will have to source another haircut as it has gone past the tipping point into buffoonery again. Each non-Nicki haircut I get, is another remove from the Platonic ideal of a Peter Kenny haircut. Strange things are beginning to happen... Like hair sprouting from the back, and other lobe-like aberrations on each side of my head.

Comments