Saturday found me waking up at 4.00am. The police were hunting about in the Twitten for someone who had escaped their clutches. They knocked next door and were busy searching gardens and so on for a couple of hours, and talking outside. Finally things quietened down at about 6.00am and I fell asleep again. Emerging blearily at 9ish there was a forensics guy down the lane. Laughed about this with my neighbours for a bit, and walked down to the Patisserie chatting with my next door neighbour Steve. Never a dull moment down our Twitten.

Spent the day doing agency work at home. This broken intermittently by trying to get the place ship shape for Paddy's visit. As I did so First Matie phoned me from her secret garden for a chat. Lovely to hear from her. Spoke to Mum and Mase too.

Finally got a call from Paddy at about 5:30 from his uncle's place on Montpellier Terrace. I walked down and collected him from there, staying for a lengthy chat with his uncle Phil, and his partner Neil. They have been together for something like 35 years... Uncle Phil was fascinated by astrology and we talked about this at great length. He said he thought I was a leo, but that I was very calm.

Then Paddy and me went off for a few beers and lots of food in the Chinese buffet on Trafalgar Street.

Bloody seagulls seem not to be staying in their own sphere of influence. Just left the restaurant and my black shirt was richly decorated by one of those yellow beaked bastards. So that's twice this year already. Fortunately we were close to home so I was able to nip back to Get another shirt and then we set out for more beers. Ended up in the Caxton shooting the breeze, and catching up generally, with half an eye on the football. Really good to see him.

Was very tired though tonight, which was a shame seeing as I'd not seen Paddy for a couple of years.

Comments